Friday, April 29, 2011

My projects

V. STRUCTURE/ABSTRACTION: ALTER EGO

My Alter Ego Mask

Inspired by the red and white flowered headbands I wear on a daily basis, I came up with an idea to take influence from them and incorporate it into the design of my mask. I choose to make the overall shape of my mask in the form of a butterfly because I believe that my personality shares some of the same characteristics metaphorically as this insect does. They are quite metamorphic creatures, pretty to see, and have a quick flight pattern that relates to my sharp mind. To gain the aspect of alter ego, I wanted to give the mask a gothic romantic feel since I’m very much the opposite in my tastes. By doing so I was still able to stay true to myself in a way that was a compliment in contrast.




No comments:

Post a Comment